Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problems under amiwm (PR#44)

To: a.hale@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Problems under amiwm (PR#44)
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 18:39:22 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999 a.hale@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Full_Name: Robert Hale
> Version: 1.8.0
> OS: Linux 2.0.3
> Submission from: (NULL) (194.168.103.10)
>

> After loading the civclient in amiwm the connect dialog appears wrongly. The
> box
> is empty and even after resizing it to fill the screen only a few buttons are
> visible. I cannot connect to any servers with this bug. It was not a problem
> with mwm of fvwm2.

Ok,

  Let's try the easy solution : when FreeCiv is launched does it write
using fallback ressource which is ok. If not, FreeCiv uses a ressource
file from a dir called something/appdefault
(/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/ on my distrib). If this file comes from
an old release Freeciv won't work. Try to delete it and force Freeciv to
use its Fallback ressource file. If this doesn't solve anything, there is
really something wrong.

  If there is a FAQ, it's better to
check known bugs of amiwm (amiga window manager hehe). It has only been
developped by one guy who redirects bugs reports to /dev/null. :(
http://pub.cs.tu-berlin.de/src/amiwm/

Best regards,