Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Europe map

To: qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Europe map
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 13:05:26 +1000 (EST)

Jerzy Klek wrote:

> I like what you do, and I did my own version of map of
> Europe, which is much more closer to the real which is
> included.

Thanks, it looks nice!  I would add it to the distribution,
but I'm not quite sure whether to add it as a new file
(eg, europe2.sav) or replace the old europe.sav

In favour of adding it separately are that the filesize is
quite small, so no problem with size, and any people used
to the old europe.sav will stay have it there.

In favour of replacing europe.sav (or moving europe.sav
to eg: europe_old.sav) is that the new one seems to be nicer,
and so would be better as the "default".

> I don't know if you are interested, but playing Aztecs in
> Europe is not that realistic as well so I also have
> created Vikings, Spanish, Polish and Hungurians for my
> use (cities + flags). So I can send them as well.

For a long time now we have needed (and intended to have)
a system to make it easier to add new races.  But it has
not been done yet :-(

Regards,
-- David