Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [freeciv-dev] More comments re help text.

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: - freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [freeciv-dev] More comments re help text.
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 19:46:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Bobby,

    You give me ideas to cope with the help problem. We can add a generic
name and consider the actual string as a string to used to give the name
of the unit.

Exemple:
"Airport","Airport", 0, "Radio", 160, 3,  0, "None"

And in helpdata.txt, we change
# Airport
Allows a city to produce veteran air units.  Also, damaged air units
which stay in town for one full turn without moving are completely
restored.

Two cities with Airports can airlift one unit per turn.
Airlifting instantly transports the unit from one city to another
and will use all of the unit's MP.  A unit must have some MP left
to be airlifted.

# <Airport>
Allows a city to produce veteran air units.  Also, damaged air units
which stay in town for one full turn without moving are completely
restored.

Two cities with <Airport>s can airlift one unit per turn.
Airlifting instantly transports the unit from one city to another
and will use all of the unit's MP.  A unit must have some MP left
to be airlifted.

We can use also [] when the world is used at the begin of a sentence.

I want to do freeciv on the moon :
"Airport","Astroport", 0, "Radio", 160, 3,  0, "None"

If I want to translate freeciv into frensh:
"Airport","Aeroport", 0, "Radio", 160, 3,  0, "None"

I want it's not too hard to do.

Best regards,