Re: Re : Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Damned libraries...

To: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re : Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Damned libraries...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 20:29:28 +1000 (EST)

Alexandre BERAUD wrote:

> Yes, sorry. I use the latest one (1.8.0).
> The gtk client needs .h files from the Freeciv directories and
> can't find them as long as they are not in HIS directory.
> Are you telling me there is another way to install it ?

Yes; please get the latest development sources, either
from a snapshot  (see http://www.freeciv.org/latest.html)
or using CVS (see http://www.freeciv.org/faq.html#cvs_source).

1.8.0 was still just Xaw in the main distribution,
whereas the current development sources contain
both Xaw and Gtk.  (configure will use gtk if possible,
or else fall back to Xaw.)

-- David