Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Bugfix for the Xaw client

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Bugfix for the Xaw client
From: Peter Berg Larsen <pebl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:12:57 +0200 (MET DST)

The client has a bug which crashes the client when runed on
a bw monitor only. Same function has a memory leak.

client/xstuff.c
138,140d135
<   int xi_src_bpl,xi_dst_bpl;
<
<
172,175d166
<   /* pebl: bytes per line rounded up */
<   xi_src_bpl = (src_w * xi_src->bits_per_pixel +7) / 8;
<   xi_dst_bpl = (dst_w * xi_dst->bits_per_pixel +7) / 8;
<
194c185
<       memcpy(pdst_data, psrc_data,(xi_src_bpl<xi_dst_bpl) ? xi_dst_bpl :
xi_src_bpl);
---
>       memcpy(pdst_data, psrc_data, (src_w<dst_w) ? src_w : dst_w);
208,213d198
<
<   /* pebl: is XImage->data free'ed by XDestoyImage ? */
<   free(xi_dst->data);
<   free(xi_src->data);
<   XDestroyImage(xi_src);
<   XDestroyImage(xi_dst);

The client might have a another leak when trying to connect to a
server without luck. (about 32 bytes)

Has anybody made bw titles (xpm files)? and a bw Freeciv configuration
which does not gives black text on black background?

I have made a small perl program to help converting the xpm files to bw
xpm, but these are not optimal afterwards. I am planing to do a 'convert
Freeciv configuration to a bw configuration' perl program if its of any
interest.

peter
--

E-Mail:       pebl@xxxxxxxxxx