Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] www.freeciv.org will be moving.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] www.freeciv.org will be moving.
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 23:08:31 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Freeciv Team,

       freeciv is moving to another host which is offered by
Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxx> It means for us no more broken links,
the pleasure of using cvs every day and certainly fastest integration
of patches into cvs !

       Starting yesterday, Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxx> John Goerzen
<jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and
David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did hell of a work to do the change
as smoothly and fastly as possible. There has been over 30 mails exchanged
that period. Those guys are wondefull ! Rigth now, you can 'beta test'
the freeciv site at http://idril.ultraviolet.org/~freeciv .
The changeover will be finished in a matter of days.
But, they spend such an energy on this that I won't be surprised if
by wednesday it's complete. A big big thank to you four and another
big big thank for Tracy !

Best regards,

Mitch has worked hard on the move of freeciv.
Here, what he wants to the freeciv developpers :

Dear Freeciv people,

As you'd no doubt be aware, we've been having a lot of trouble
with www.freeciv.org over the last few weeks.

We have weighed up a number of factors, and we believe it will
make more sense to move www.freeciv.org to a new host.

We have chosen to take the offer of Mr. Paul Zastoupil, who
will host Freeciv with adnc.com.

The website is being moved over the next few days, and we
hope to have everything working smoothly before next week.
All people should notice is that www.freeciv.org will start
working again.  We'll make an announcement when everything is
ready.

The Freeciv team would like to thank Mr. Tracy Reed
<treed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, who has generously provided hosting
over the last year.  His contribution is greatly appreciated,
and has played an important part in the growth of Freeciv.
Thanks Tracy!!

Regards,

Mitch.
--