Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] [Q] How restart game

To: kota@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] [Q] How restart game
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:27:50 +1000

Andrey Kotrekhov wrote:

> 1) After game is over, server don't permit put "s" command.
> After game server state is GAME_OVER_STATE.
> I see in source code (civserver.c) server can't restart game.
> Am I right?

"Game over, man! Game over!"  (Aliens)

If you are ending at year 2000, one option is to change
the endyear in the server beforehand.  Else changes to
allow continued play after game over may not be too hard.

> 2) Game continue run after all human players get confuse.

(You mean conquered?)

> ai players play between themselves 8-)
> Why?

Because its rather useful for testing the AI! :-)

> I attach diff result.

Unfortunately I have trouble reading your diff because in my
editor it has things looking like \323\336\311\324 ...
Patch comments in English please!  :-)

Regards,
-- David