Re: [Freeciv-Dev] space-ship or spaceship?

To: James Blackwell <innocent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] space-ship or spaceship?
From: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:44:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, James Blackwell wrote:

#==================
#spacecraft (spAs'kraft', -kraft'), n. a vehicle designed for travel or
#operation in space beyond the earth's admosphere or in orbit around the
#earth. [1955-60; SPACE + CRAFT].
#==================
#
#
#According to these definitions, unless you are playing on an earth map,
#technically, all non-people units (think tanks, transports, etc), are
#technically spaceships, since they would be outside the earth's
#atmosphere(!).

Erm - give me a lesson on this, then.  Isn't "out of the atmosphere"
somewhere farther "out there"?

#My point? Perhaps we shouldn't read too much into definitions.

That, and each dictionary/encyclopedia will have its own.

#Now, with regards to 'colour/color, potAYto, potAHto'.... At least we aren't
#as confused as those brits, who for some reason have decided to call trucks
#"lorries". (Go figure).

Atleast brits don't have eight different English languages within one
country.  Atleast brits havn't got our heads so far up their rear ends, that
they can't see the sun.  Atleast brits don't have someone at the helm who
has lied under oath to the court.  Atleast... OK, before I get more
offensive, I'd better sod off.  Oh, and I'm kidding - I havn't anything
against our oh-so-lovable friends - I just pity a good lot of you. ;-)

                         cheers,
                               matt

Matt Busigin [Perl/Tcl/Sh/C/C++/Lex/Yacc/HTML UNIX Programmer]
      Member of Geeks Anonymous - http://geeksanon.ab.ca
      e-mail : spod(at)ewtoo.org, jediknight(at)xwing.org
      web    : http://kharduin.net/~mbusigin
      talker : tb.dynip.com 2010