[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8.0 pre-release

To: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv 1.8.0 pre-release
From: "Alexander Mai" <st002279@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 13:03:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

just built freeciv 1.8.0 pre-release on OS/2. Build went smoothly,
no problems to report. Even our autoconf does its job quite well.
I observed some problems related to keyboard focus, but this turned out
to be a bug in our Xt,Xaw libraries. (seems to be confirmed since
I'm using fixed libs now and all seems to be fine; however it
was always dependent on the windowmanage I used which is somehow
strange ...)

Only a simple question: are you going to have a directory for specific
platforms ? On OS/2 one might use other scripts than sh scripts,
which may only work in a very un*x compatible setup, but not for
the casual user. OTOH up to now I use only a 3 line tool to set
FREECIV_DATADIR and start a local server&client. And this is being
distributed with the binaries I supply.

Bye,

  Alexander Mai
  st002279@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx