[Freeciv-Dev] Wonder Tiles

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder Tiles
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:58:22 +0100 (MET)

Well, I'm disgusted. I've forgotten my disks at home, so I can't show
you my work. I've done 20 of the 26 wonders and I hope I can send you
the file (wonders.xpm as you asked :o)) next time I have access to the
net (certainly wednesday or Friday). They'll all be in 30x30 lots of
colors (I don't know exactly how many). In the future, I'll have to:
* Improve them (I'm sure I can put some more details like rust or herbs
  in some places)
* Shrink and expand them (20x20 and 45x45)
* Bring them to 256 colors.
But I want you to see them in full color to understand we MUST use more
than 256 colors or the game will never look really fine (look some
CTP screenshots !).
To conclude, I think, too, tha twe should add some wonder icons in the
'construct' menu. Making these icons doesn't only consist in shrinking
the narmal wonders but drawing small suggestive icons like in Civ2. But
let's do everything in order.

Best regards to all Freeciv developpers.

Alexandre BERAUD