Re: [Freeciv-Dev] speed hero no more

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] speed hero no more
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:59:10 +1100

Peter Schaefer wrote:

> I know you'll all hate not to be able to win the game before christ
> anymore, but still - how about the patch attached?

Fine by me.  Are the revised intervals based on Civ1, or ...?
(Apart from the tech checks.)

> The part of the patch try to check on
> the ability to build spaceships is a bit strange,
> but it shouldn't really interfere with rulesets.

In current rulesets, buildings are mostly fixed, while
other things are flexible.  So the better thing is to
dynamically check the tech requirement of B_SMODULE etc,
rather than hardwire A_SUPERCONDUCTOR etc.

If you also check improvement_exists(B_SMODULE) etc,
then in non-spacerace games you won't have an artificial
speedup in years if those techs get researched early.

> +  if(game.year >= 1900
> +     ||
> +     (( game.global_advances[A_ROBOTICS] ||
> game.global_advances[A_SUPERCONDUCTOR] )
> +     && game.global_advances[A_PLASTICS] && game.year >0 )
> +     )

Why Robotics?

-- David