Re: [Freeciv-Dev] spaceship buglet

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] spaceship buglet
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:37:31 +1100

Massimo Campostrini wrote:

>  But I feel that all the present network
> machinery does not handle cleanly signed int's:

Correct.  There was once (long ago) a patch to introduce
functions to get/put signed ints, but it wasn't included
(maybe it wasn't good, I don't know).  A consistent/safe
way of doing this would be nice.

Currently individual entries do things like:
  if(packet->shield_surplus > 32767) packet->shield_surplus-=65536;

-- David