[Freeciv-Dev] Menu problems with IRIX 5.3

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Menu problems with IRIX 5.3
From: Andreas Ehn <ehn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Feb 1999 09:07:42 +0100

Hi!

I'm trying to run FreeCiv 1.7.2 on an SGI Indy running IRIX 5.3. The
configuration, compilation and installation worked out without problem
(although ./configure did complain about not finding xpm.h, but I fixed that).

Both the server and the client start up and seem to run well. However, I cannot
use the pull-down menus. I can "pull them down" all right, but I cannot make a
selection. Note that this is not the problem mentioned in the FAQ list, since I
have pressed 's' to make the server start the game, and I can move the units
around and build cities etc. In fact, I can do anything but use the menus.

I suppose the problem relates to the Athena widgets somehow, but I don't know
how to solve it.

I use the standard IRIX 5.3 X, Xpm and Xaw libraries (i.e., I haven't updated
them) and the SGI IDO 5.3 cc C compiler.

I'm not sure wether this is a bug in FreeCiv or not, but I figured, that this
would be the best place to post it.

(I also run the same version of FreeCiv on a PC running Linux 2.0.36 without
these problems.)

I'll be grateful for any and all help.

/ae

--