Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv.org

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv.org
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:47:25 -0600

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 05:52:34PM +0100, Reinier Post wrote:

> [...]
> > since I can't seem to connect to www.freeciv.org today
>
> Would I be totally out of line if I asked for freeciv.org to be moved
> to a more reliable host?  Over the last months, my hit rate has been
> 50% or so.

Well, not out of line but not quite accurate, either :-)

www.freeciv.org is different from freeciv.org.  My server (complete.org)
handles the mail and mailing lists for freeciv.org; somebody else
(ultraviolet.org) handles the web and FTP traffic.  I do have a static
netblock, and run my own DNS (to which the MX record for freeciv.org
refers), but do not have sufficient bandwidth to host a moderate to
high-volue web or FTP site.

John