Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: your mail

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Hrothgar <hrothgar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: your mail
From: Michael A Wolf <maw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:13:50 -0500

On Fri, Jan 29, 1999 at 12:33:53PM -0600, Hrothgar wrote:
> is this a key for CivI/II?

I don't think that Civ I or II used keys.  IIRC, Civ I asked you what
symbol corresponded to a certain technology, and gave you a range of
pages in the manual to look through.  Civ II asked you what advances
are required to get another one.  (Something along the lines of "your
people question your ability to rule.  show that you have the knowledge
that is needed.")  If you couldn't answer the question, then bad
things happened to your civilization.  It stunk when you screwed up
the mousing answering the questions, though. ;P

After enough playing, I didn't need to refer to the manual anymore. :)

Anyways, no idea what that key corresponds to.

--Mike

--
***
Michael Wolf