Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] new tiles, web page..

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] new tiles, web page..
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:58:06 +1100

Trent Piepho wrote:

> How about putting some of the new tiles up on the new freeciv webpage (which
> looks very nice, BTW)?

For now, I've uploaded the three tilesets Trent mentioned
to the freeciv ftp contrib dir.
(ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/contrib/tiles_{dwp,engels,medium}.tar.gz)

As Trent said:
> They just need to be untarred in the data directory, then the client
> has to be started with the -tiles option.

> New units drawn by David Pfitzner

I've just done some updates to my new unit graphics, and now
consider them finished.  The latest/finished ones are the ones
I've uploaded to tiles_dwp.tar.gz as above.

> The default tiles reduced to 20x20 and touched up
> ftp.u.washington.edu:/public/xyzzy/freeciv/medium_tiles.tar.gz

You call 20x20 medium?!  I was thinking to call the current
tiles "small" if we make the Engels tiles the defaults.
What do you consider small?  :-)

Actually, those "medium" tiles work surprisingly well, though
being familiar with the curent tiles probably helps...

-- David