Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Attempted breakout!!

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Attempted breakout!!
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:06:15 +1100

Dear Freeciv developers,

What a year we've had!

Since Feb 24, 1998 I have more or less been the official
Mr. Freeciv.  It's been quite an amount of hard work, but I've
learnt lots, and had a great time.

Over the last few months, I have had less and less time to look
after Freeciv.  This is in part due to my family commitments, and
in part due to a new project which I'd like to get involved with.
Because of this, I've been letting more and more people down.

We've also seen the rise of David Pfitzner, who has been doing
an excellent job of doing all the nitty gritty things, far better
than I was able to.  He will be able to continue for a while, but
must start seriously working on his thesis soon.

David and I have discussed this, and the result is more or less
this mail message.

We are hoping that there is someone(s) amongst you who would be
willing to step up to the mark, take the reigns, climb into the
saddle, so to speak, and look after Freeciv.

Is there any among you that would like to do this?  Or is there
someone you know who would be suited?

The job, of course, will go to the person(s) who have best
demonstrated their commitment to the project, and their
level-headedness.

Please mail me if you have ideas, either on running the project,
or on the future of Freeciv in general.

Regards,

Mitch.
--