Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] The Finns Patch / Tiny Minor Little Fixes

To: Freeciv Development List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] The Finns Patch / Tiny Minor Little Fixes
From: Mika Korhonen <mikak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:06:52 +0200 (EET DST)

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Andrew E. Schulman wrote:

>> > When you've got an embassy say at a Mongol city and they research something
>> > the announcement is somewhat literally
>> >
>> > ..the Mongol has Researched...
>> >
>> > I think that should use the plural form (and lowercase) like
>> >
>> > ..the Mongol have researched...
                ^^
                +s

I somehow dropped the 's' which was what I meant and what the patch
(in general: applying the plural race name function) actually did.

The client used to announce: the Englishman has Researched techtech :)

>Either way, really.  The singular form is more adversarial, so maybe better
>in fact.

        Mika
Living in the complex world of the future is somewhat like having bees
live in your head.  But, there they are.