Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] AI client extensibility w/ Guile

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] AI client extensibility w/ Guile
From: W Stockwell <waldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:06:05 -0500 (EST)

Guile is definately the way to go.  From the website, I found that all
the
other languages Guile would support(besides Scheme, the main language)
would be implemented by translators, which would read the code of the
pother languages and translate it into Scheme.  Now I understand how this
idea works.  Check out www.gnu.org/software/guile/guile.html for info on
the Guile package.  Now I feel very good about using as an extensible part
of a client, which would allow players to develop AIs without having to
modify actual source code.

Will Stockwell
waldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.antisocial.net/waldo