Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug in GTK client

To: lduperval@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug in GTK client
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:44:47 +0000 (WET)

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998 lduperval@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using the gtk client and when you connect to the host but the game
> is not started, posting the Orders or Reports menu hangs X. (Yes, X,
> not just freeciv).

Weird.  Have you tried hiting the <ESC> key when that happens?  There
seems to be a GTK+ bug or something i've seen sometimes that causes
something similar, try that.

> Hel about doesn't give any pertinent information
> about the client (maybe all clients should contain that info?
> 'specially if they're not carried in the standard distribution).

No, it doesn't contain any pertinent info because what you are reading
there is the bog standard helpdata.txt file from the freeciv distribution
which is common to both clients... i guess that needs changing.

Anyways, if anyone has trouble with the client, try using GTK+>=1.1.9 and
ImLib>=1.8.1 which is what i'm using (just to make sure).

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering