Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] server/cityturn.c patch for better math.

To: mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] server/cityturn.c patch for better math.
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 02:16:30 -0600

        Pardon my French, but Solaris diff doesn't seem to support -u, and I
don't have gnudiff installed.  ^$^*&$^
        Server/cityturn.c has inefficient and slightly incorrect math.
Since we're increasing city size anyway, it's silly to use (+1) and later
++ it.  Also, a granary allows a city to keep half of their food supply when
growing.  size*(foodbox/2) will understate this effect when foodbox is odd,
should someone take the time to customize it.  It is more correct to do
(size*foodbox)/2.
        This is from the November-14 CVS tarball.

zevon: tail +780 cityturn.c.old | head -10
  }

  if (has_granary)
    pcity->food_stock = (pcity->size + 1) * (game.foodbox / 2);
  else
    pcity->food_stock = 0;

  pcity->size++;
  if (!add_adjust_workers(pcity))
    auto_arrange_workers(pcity);
zevon: tail +780 cityturn.c | head -10
  }

  pcity->size++;
  if (has_granary)
    pcity->food_stock = (pcity->size * game.foodbox) / 2;
  else
    pcity->food_stock = 0;

  if (!add_adjust_workers(pcity))
    auto_arrange_workers(pcity);
zevon:

--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.