Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] events/messages

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] events/messages
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:57:19 +1100

I have some comments on some of the recent events/messages changes
(message filter dialog, some new events, some E_NOEVENT now E_IMP_SOLD).

If you have "Yes" for an option in the message filter dialog,
then you get the message both in the messages window, and
in the output window (the lower panel).
If you have "No", then you get it in neither.

The problem is that for some cases, I would like it to occur
in the output window, but not the messages window.
Specifically, for events which are directly and immediately
initiated by the player (eg, player attacks with unit, or sells
a building; maybe others), I don't want the messages window
popping up in my face, but I do like to see the result in the
output window.

(For added complication, if I'm the _defender_ in a combat (that is,
someone else initiates the combat) then I _do_ want the message
to popup in the messages window.  But it shouldn't be too much
of a complication, seeing as that's the way it used to be...)

-- David