Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: January 2003:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Cannons

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, Freeciv Data ML <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Cannons
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:16:32 +0100

[F'up to freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx]

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 10:03:21AM -0800, Joshua Hudson wrote:
> Historically, cannons were first built before muskets, and in fact the
> musket resulted from miniturization and subsequent improvement of the
> cannon. It therefore makes no sence whatsoever that you neet two
> technologies beyond Gunpowder (musketters) to build Cannons (metallurgy).
>
> Quick Fix: Cannons have tech_req of "Gunpowder"
> Might have some interesting gameplay aspects, especially making
> Barbarians more dangerous.

First of all, can you post stuff like this to Freeciv Data, where
it belongs, please?

Second, are you aware there is a "historic" ruleset?

Third, I don't think this should be changed in civ2 or default rulesets.

Forth, historically you are probably very right.

Regards,

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/