Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: September 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: Cities in Ruleset

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Cities in Ruleset
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:33:37 -0400

At 2000/09/25 18:23 , Erik Sigra wrote:
>Niels Weber wrote:
>>
>> Es gibt wohl eine solche Policy, (nicht nur) deswegen ist eine
>> Überarbeitung des Rulesets eine gute Idee.
>
>Es geht hier um das entfernen von "Brixen", "Wien", "Salzburg",
>"Rosheim" und "Schlettstadt".
>
>Ich bin dagegen. Niemand hat sich ¨uber diese Städte beschwert. Wie Jeff
>Mallat mal gesagt hat "never like to lose a good city name" (
>http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200006/msg00491.html).
>
>Diese »Policy« scheint ein Hörensagen zu sein. Manche (Chistian)
>behauptet, es gibt die »Policy«, abler niemand hat sie jemals gefunden.
>Das Zitat von Jeff Mallat ist daß näcshte einer »Policy« f¨ur
>Städtenamen, was ich finden konnte.

This was when a patch deleted some city names, and since they were not in
any other ruleset, I instead moved them to misc_cities.ruleset.

Personally, I have no strong preference for keeping city sets disjoint
between nations (especially when ancient nations overlap modern ones).  I
don't know of an explicit policy, though there does seem to be a "policy of
the majority" to do so.

jjm