Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Fantasy modpack file invalid.

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv] Re: Fantasy modpack file invalid.
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 14:58:04 -0500

Nathan Gundlach wrote:

> I should say, it was the same as before: extremely corrupted.

FWIW, I just this minute downloaded the version at
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/modpacks/fantasy/, and it does not appear
to be corrupted.  It did not give any errors when I unzipped it, nor when I
extracted the files.  I visually inspected the two files that it puts into the
current directory, and both looked OK.  I spot checked some of the files that
it puts in the subdirectory, and those I checked were all OK as well.

I think I have read all the messages in this thread, but I don't remember the
early ones.  What tools are you using to fetch and extract the files?  What is
the error message (or other symptom) that tells you that the kit is corrupted?

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas