Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-announce: July 2000:
[freeciv-announce] a short-cycle release

To: freeciv-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-announce] a short-cycle release
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:55:05 -0400

Hello Freecivers.

Because there have been some pretty bad bugs discovered in version 1.11.0,
which have since been fixed, we are going to generate a short-cycle release
at this time.

Since this is a short-cycle release (mostly bug-fixes), we are shortening
the time it takes to make the release.  Here's the schedule:

  Jul 17th - first (hopefully only) beta release (1.11.2)
  Jul 20th - target release date for stable version 1.11.4

jjm