Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-announce: June 2000:
[freeciv-announce] Next Freeciv release

To: freeciv-announce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-announce] Next Freeciv release
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:37:27 -0400

Hello Freecivers.

Time keeps flying, and new features keep piling up!  We have several great,
new features in the development version of Freeciv that need to be
released.  (Besides, it's been 4 months and is time for a new release. :)

The (somewhat flexible) schedule for the release of Version 1.11.0 is:

  Jun 13th - Feature freeze for version 1.11.0; start of beta period.
  Jun 27th - Target release date for stable version 1.11.0 !

During the beta period (from feature freeze to release), we will generally
be focusing on bug-fixing, and only committing bug-fix patches to the CVS.
It is also the time during which the set of translatable strings will
(hopefully) stabilize enough to give the translators a chance to catch up.

Thanks to all who have contributed so much to Freeciv in the last few months.

jjm