Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2005:
[freeciv-ai] Building warriors in defense...

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Building warriors in defense...
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:47:54 +0000 (GMT)

I just conquered an AI that started very close by running over all its
cities with a single warrior. Intrigued how the AI could not defend
against this, I noticed that it would build Settlers as defenders, since
it did not think Warriors were good enough; Settlers is the last fallback
for the defense code, if all else fails.

So this patch adds some much needed debugging cleanup, and makes AI
defense code also consider (with much reduce want) units with DefendOk
roles.

So now the AI will build Warriors to defend its cities, if it has to.