Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2005:
[freeciv-ai] player's view on ai

To: Freeciv AI <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] player's view on ai
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:50:49 +0100

Hello,

I fear the following will not be very new to you, but maybe it helps anyway.

Another 1 human vs n AI game comes to an end - and the pattern is as always:
AI make alliances, but at a certain point they start to fight each other
(not me - I'm too strong), fight, fight - with no avail. Since 3000 years
french ai fights an alliance of phillipine, scots, and americans, and has
not yet mangaged to conquer a *single* city. Ok, it has lost 1 city. *One*.

AI fight at each other when they are equally strong. I don't.

Maybe AI should only attack if/when:

1) it has a military signifant plus of technologies

2) has it's units updated to that tech level

If 1 or 2 is not true, it should only attack if there is no possibility to
develop by means of expansion, infrastructure, or research.

Christian