Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: March 2005:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#12422) stupid AI leaves its city in disorder

Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#12422) stupid AI leaves its city in disorder
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:44:14 -0800

> [jdorje - Sat Mar 05 01:39:34 2005]:

> However there is certainly a bug in ai_manage_taxes.  I think this patch
> fixes it (the comment explains the bug).  I think it's in S2_0 as well.

Err, to explain how the bug causes the disorder problem: after the taxes
are managed the cities are left refreshed as if there is a maximum
luxury rate (since this is what's set in the cm_query_result call).  So
this means the cities are left in a wrong state for a while.  Later when
the disorder check is done it finds no disorder - because the city had
no disorder under maximum luxuries.  Since the disorder check always
follows the taxes check this bug recurs every turn and the disorder is
never caught.

This symptom is fixed by the disorder.diff patch in cvs HEAD.  In S2_0
the same taxes bug exists and the same symptom exists; I didn't check to
see if the patch fixes it.

-jason