Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2005:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Making novice level easier by fixing the AI's tendency

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Making novice level easier by fixing the AI's tendency to overbuild
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:21:25 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Eddie Anderson wrote:
> My idea is to create a user-adjustable limit for the AI's city building.

Create even more options? User-adjustable... from where? Please no.

There already is city building limitation imposed on AIs based on
difficulty level. It reduces AIs want for building cities. This is used
for novice and easy AIs. See server/stdinhand.c.

Some of your ideas are good, though, and could be incorporated into the
existing city building limitation code. (I am not going to do this.)