Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: December 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10997) AI can sell his last cities

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10997) AI can sell his last cities
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:32:59 -0800

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> I've added some more debug logging to find problems in this area. Please,
> if you see this problem, try "/debug player NN" where NN is the name of
> the AI, and then try experimenting a bit with the diplomacy dialog. You
> should then be able to see exactly what value the AI places on its cities
> and techs. In my playtesting, I did not find anything worth fixing... but
> obviously others have seen things that isn't right.

  One problem is that city_gold_worth() evaluates buildings based on
their build cost, not to their usefulness. I were quite surprised when
AI gave me Lighthouse when I agreed on not being attacked by him
(without Lighthouse counterattcks over sea were virtually impossible).
This incident demonstrated also strategical stupidity of handing out
'military base' on your small home island, right next to your capital.

  - ML