Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2004:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#6567) AI has too many boats.

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#6567) AI has too many boats.
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:58:46 -0800

Fixed a little bug in that last patch (wrong-way comparison).
Also, added a better way to tell which city needs a ferry.
(needs_boat added to ai.choice). I have been observing the behavior
of this code in ferry managing, and these are my results.

Ferries now request bodyguards, but don't get them yet
(some other code may be missing).

Ferries no longer get stuck forever in cities. However, they tend
to cluster in *some* of the cities that are building offensive units
to attack oversea. Sometimes, four or five transports can be seen
moving unloaded together.

Anyway, this behaves alot better than it did before. - Joshua