Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: December 2003:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#1340) [Bug][RFC] Stupid attack behaviour by AI

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#1340) [Bug][RFC] Stupid attack behaviour by AI
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:35:17 -0800

> [glip - Sat Mar 23 20:04:19 2002]:
>
> Raahul Kumar drew my attention to this phenomenon: if you park your,
> say,
> phalanx on a wee mountain outside an AI city then from time to time
> the
> city's gates will burst open and AI will attack you with few phalanxes
> or
> similarly inefficient units.  Seemingly without any real desire to
> kill you...

At the moment, it's worse than that.  If you park your phalanx on a hill
or river or something, the AI attacks it with its defense units:
phalanxes, pikemen, etc.  Next turn, my unit can waltz in for free.
This means that the best-defended computer-controlled city falls pretty
easily.  I remember it being harder -- the AI would at least keep a
last-ditch unit -- but that might be the revisionist voice in my head
talking.

I'd vote for upping the priority on this, now that there is viable AI
diplomacy (yay!)