Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6308) Cleanup of ferry handling

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6308) Cleanup of ferry handling
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 05:32:44 -0700

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > I will attach a patch (in the next email) which cleans and rewrites two
> > functions:ai_manage_ferryboat and ai_military_gothere.
>
> And the patch.

You add code to make cargo and ferry rendezvous, but no code to find
ferries that need this rendezvous capability. I am tempted to say that
this is premature. In my patch I just disassociate cargo from ferries they
cannot walk to, which is a common error, since this is in line with the
Syela ferry system, which I think we should change but not right now.
Let's clean it up first.

Your cleanup of military_gothere conflicts quite heavily with my own :(,
but I was going in the same direction as you in regards to
manage_ferryboat, I just left it alone since it didn't do much harm as it
was (except for sending ferries exploring instead of going home or pick
units up).