Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy

To: Freeciv AI List <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 06:40:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:
>   I supose that the AI Diplomacy patch is in CVS now.

No, not yet. Been chasing a bug...

>   But i've discovered a bug.
>
>   When you declare war on an member of an alliance, all the alliance
> does to war against you. But the ai player forgot to devoke the vision
> clause. So you end up, seing all the movements of you enemies.

In the latest version, the AI should be looking for cases like this on
beginning of turn, and revoke vision. It would be better if it did this
immediately, but that requires some more code changes in the server.

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."