Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2003:
[freeciv-ai] AI Diplomacy v13 (PR#2413)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] AI Diplomacy v13 (PR#2413)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 04:52:22 -0700

A new version. I intend to commit this one, unless problems or objections.

CHANGES:
 - We now accept gifts even if we are at war. Limits: Only maps, gold,
   vision, and advances that bring us closer to tech goal are accepted.
 - Fixed a few love bugs. Was broken.
 - Fixed greed bug. We accepted peace and alliances almost automatically
   at normal love.
 - Saving love screwed up diplomatic state in savegame. We also overwrote
   love data from savegames with ai_data_init(). Need to rethink this,
   putting love in savegame removed for now.

Note: It can happen that the AI will offer a deal which it will not accept
itself. This might look a bit odd, but is caused by changes that happen in
the game after the deal was offered. Most often by another (AI) player
accepting another deal first, but possibly for other reasons. Fixing this
is not easy, and since it is only a passing and hopefully rare annoyance
I'll leave it be for now.

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."