Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#4026) Advanced rampage.

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#4026) Advanced rampage.
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 05:53:51 -0700

Here is an updated version of the rampage patch.  It uses ai_unit_attack
to execute path, as advised by Per.  I also reduced the number of lines of
code and increase number of comments.

It seems to work.  I think it is ripe for inclusion (although the
pf_print_path line should be removed then).

Unfortunately, running an autogame led to a coredump due to the following
reason:

when a land unit is attacked, it's move-points are not reduced.  But the
move-rate is reduced!  So we have a situation when move-rate is smaller
then current move-points, which triggers an assert in PF code.  I am not
sure what to do about it though...