Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [RFC] Ferry code proposal v.2

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [RFC] Ferry code proposal v.2
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 16:18:11 -0500

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
Here is another proposal for the ferry code. It is influenced by Raimar's and Jason's insistence on considering all coastal tiles.

2. We make a big map for U to go to all coastal tiles T1 on 1 where it
will spend FAM(T1) - Walk_Time(T1) turns waiting, then from each T1 we
calculate paths to all coastal tiles of continent 2, from all coastal
tiles we calculate all paths to Z.  This calculation is also O(1).

I don't think this is O(1). If you have to calculate the PF map from every coastal tile of 1 to every coastal tile of 2, that should be O(n) (n == # of coastal tiles of 1). Unless you cache this information?

jason