Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Patch Army

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv ai <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Patch Army
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:44:12 -0600

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 02:38:54PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

I skimmed the patch briefly, and I have one or two comments.

> Each army has these values:
>     City_Id target_id;

this should be a map position rather than a city. We may want to attack
general areas of a map (like another massing army).

I don't like the idea of all the hard-coded values like the max number of
armies. I would much prefer a genlist for variable numbers of armies with a
limiting function to determine when another army is too many. also I don't
like the new stuff in player.h. This code is not really something that the
common/ or server/ code needs to know about. Perhaps the player_ai struct
can be moved to aidata.h?

a lot of the functions should be elsewhere in the ai schemem of things.
the contient handling really needs to be changed (like using
map.num_continents). This actually is a general gripe. C does dynamic
memory handling. Let's use it.

-mike