Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: January 2003:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#2477) Improved Auto-Explore

Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#2477) Improved Auto-Explore
From: "Cameron Morland via RT" <rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:10:37 -0800

[cameron - Sun Jan 26 17:16:17 2003]:

> I `cvs diff`ed it against the latest CVS, but no interesting changes.
>
> Does anyone know if Gregory Berkolaiko is still among the living? :)

Arg. I forgot that I was experimenting with disabling Part 1 (which
seems to not degrade performance at all). In this patch I removed part 1
properly, ie not with `#if`, and renumbered the rest.

This should decrease the computational cost, since we never need to
calculate a warmap for explorers, unless we are heading towards a
non-adjacent tile. Because huts are so highly valued by the
explorer_desirable function, we will still always explore them.

The only exception to this is if there are two huts visible on the first
turn, or if two huts become visible on the same turn; the explorer will
pick one, and won't necessarily get to the other one quickly. This is
extremely rare, and generating warmaps is rather expensive.