Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: December 2002:
[freeciv-ai] government evaluations and taxes

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] government evaluations and taxes
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 15:35:19 +0000 (GMT)

Government evaluation is a bit odd without taking into account that
sometimes you need to increase luxuries in taxes to make your people.
However, at the moment, this isn't done well anyway, so it doesn't matter
much. But I still think this will be right thing to do:

     if (i == game.government_when_anarchy) {
       continue; /* pointless */
     }
     pplayer->government = gov->index;
-    check_player_government_rates(pplayer);
+    ai_manage_taxes(pplayer);
     update_all_effects();
     city_list_iterate(pplayer->cities, acity) {
       generic_city_refresh(acity, TRUE);

There might be some reasons why this is a dumb thing, though. If so,
please let me know.