Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2002:
[freeciv-ai] uhm, "bugfix" (and more)

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] uhm, "bugfix" (and more)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:26:37 +0000 (GMT)

This fixes a very rare memory corruption bug introduced in the ai military
building eval patch.

But that is only the beginning... It also moves the data initialization
into its own file, where we also evaluate the need for exploration
(shortcutting the huge exploration rountine when there is no more work)
and evaluates the need for more F_SETTLERS units better (fixes problem
where the AI builds much too many workers).

Actually this is the beginning of a framework where I move server-AI only
variables out of common code and into server-AI data space. I've done this
with the eval code now, and I will continue doing this with other
variables and for other new AI code I make, unless someone stop me.

So, hmm, I should perhaps have split this patch, but then, these things
are rather interconnected, and it would be much more work that way.

So please read and comment it as a whole.

Yours
Per