Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: June 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Borg AI.

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Borg AI.
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 19:28:06 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:

> I installed Japanese kterm and message files on my machine to debug i18n.
>
> If anyone wants to see how the client is looking in ja_JP.eucJP:
>
> <http://www.freeciv.org/~vas>

I don't know why I bothered to check out the Japanese screenshot, but what
I saw exceeded my expectations.

A brand-new AI which is actually working.  Wow!

Please enlighten us on the history of this development.  Is it being
actively developed?  Can we join the fun?

I cannot say I am big fan of how certain things are done.  And maybe I
would change the structure a little bit, but it is so wonderful to
actually see a well-structured AI!!!  Written in a comprehensible manner!!

Also I am quite envious, as it was my dream to built a structured AI from
scratch but I haven't got the guts / time to do it.

Best wishes,