Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2008:
[aclug-L] Re: suggested topic

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: suggested topic
From: Jonathan Hall <flimzy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 08:17:39 -0500

The best way to secure webmin is to uninstall it :)

It is inherently an insecure application... Now some measures can be
taken to make it LESS insecure (i.e. block access from all IPs except
your own, remove any modules you don't actually use, don't install it on
any servers that hold or have direct access to sensitive data, etc).
But the consensus among security-conscious administrators is, you
shouldn't use it.

Security or Ease of Use, pick one.

--
Jonathan