Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2008:
[aclug-L] Re: Microsoft Announcement

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Microsoft Announcement
From: Jason Klein <jklein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:10:56 -0600

I think Michael is interested in using the extenders designed for
"Media Center" with a MythTV backend instead.  I think this would be
great, especially if they could playback ATSC/HDTV programming from
the back end.  The extenders are usually pretty quiet and compact...
it's just that they are only designed to communicate with "Media
Center".
While speaking of MythTV, I have several complete MythTV single tuner
systems on very quiet and reasonably compact Dell OptiPlex GX110
hardware.  These are leftover after my recent upgrade to ATSC/HDTV.
They use Nvidia cards, Hauppage PVR analog tuners, Hauppage remotes,
and MythDora 4.0.  Recording capacity on one is nearly 60 hours, the
other is nearly 80 hours.  If anyone has an interest in a nice MythTV
analog starter kit, email me off list for more details.

Jason

--
Jason Klein
Datility Networks, Inc.