Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2008:
[aclug-L] Re: Any Linux user want to Learn to Fly Airplanes or Gliders?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Any Linux user want to Learn to Fly Airplanes or Gliders?
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:12:07 -0600

On Jan 3, 2008, at 8:53 PM, David McConeghey wrote:

> Hello Air Capitol Linux users group,
>
> Does Anyone want to Learn to Fly jets (fighters airliners or
> corporate), airplanes (New models, Biplanes, Taildraggers WW2),
> gliders, or helicopters, V22 on X-plane flight simulator?
> I am an Airline Transport (multi-engine) rated pilot and Instrument
> Flight Instructor also qualified in Gliders who would like some help
> installing X-plane flight simulator 8.0 software on my linux os
> computer.
> I would trade some flight instruction for help with the X-plane
> installation.
> I also have access to a real Cessna 172 and a Schweizer Glider.

I have installed X-plane on Linux before. While most of the features
worked, some did not. If you are really serious about wanting to use X-
plane, I would probably suggest using the platform on which it is
developed. Apple OSX. I've had better luck on the Mac with X-plane
than on Linux. It has been a little while, so perhaps some of the bugs
have been worked out by now.

Steve