Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2007:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux-friendly MP3 Player?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux-friendly MP3 Player?
From: Thomas Wallis <wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:08:16 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, Olwe Bottorff wrote:

> I'm thinking of joining the millions of fellow citizens who walk around
> with an iPod-like device plugged into their ears. However, I don't want
> to be locked into MS or Apple or restricted on where my mp3s came from.
> Is there a 30gig (or greater) device that I could use with my
> Ubuntu-7.10? Internet searches on this subject are confusing... LB Grand
> Marais, MN

        It isn't on  the market anymore, but I have a Rio Karma that is
Linux friendly.  It comes with Java code to download and upload
MP3s/OGGs/etc to the player.  It has a little docking station that has
Ethernet and does TCP/IP.  The device was way ahead of its time, too bad
Rio quit business.

                                T W

> --
> believed to be clean.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed here are my own and not those of WSU.

EMAIL address:  wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx