Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2007:
[aclug-L] Re: Spectrum Analyzer?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: DAVID CARMICHAEL <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Spectrum Analyzer?
From: <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:45:51 -0500

The installation charge to connect at the pole will be either $19.95 (if the
tech connects at the pole only) or $29.95 for the tech to connect at the pole &
verify the signal is coming into the house.  I would recommend the $29.95 if
you have not had Cox services for > 2 years.  I don't know what the other
installation charges would be, did you want the tech to install the reciever?
That's a $49.95 charge and you could connect that yourself and save yourself
some money.  ~Anne
---- DAVID CARMICHAEL <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============
Spectrum Analyzer?

I have a UHF modulator where I must turn a "POT" to adjust its output.

Do you by chance have access to a "Spectrum Analyzer" that works in the
402.5MHz to 596.5MHz range that I could borrow _you_ and the Spectrum Analyzer
(on as Sat or Sunday afternoon) just long enough to help me set my UHF
modulator for
CATV channels 56 (415.25MHZ) and 60 (439.25)
_OR_ UHF channels 17 (489.25)  and 22 (519.25)

While I can 'Guess Tune', If I am not right on, it can cause harmonics on other
""Channels"".

My newer UHF Modulators are all push button and digital controlled and display.

--David

PS: Does anybody know where I could get a cheap 'shortwave' / 'ham' radio
"tower" (three or four sided structure, no just a 'whip') that is at least 30'
tall? With many business that use to have these for field truck communications
have switched to cell phones, many are no longer being used.
Due to a surrounding structures and trees, I have been told the only way that I
can pick up KPTS8-DT is to get my external antenna at least 10' higher than its
current 20'.
And while I might be willing to pay COX for the local channels...._ONLY_ which
include the feed for the  local "HD/Digital" signals, their install fee of
close to $80 w/tax is a bit steep for me.

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.
The geek shall inherit the earth...