Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2006:
[aclug-L] Newsletter I just received, Linux to be run on palm!!!!

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Newsletter I just received, Linux to be run on palm!!!!
From: "michael holmes" <aerospaced@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:14:33 -0600

Dear Michael Holmes:
You are being sent this email as a registered member of the PalmSource
Developer Program.

As you may be aware, last November, PalmSource (NASDAQ: PSRC), provider of
Palm OSR, a leading operating system powering next-generation phones and
mobile devices, was acquired by ACCESS Co., Ltd., (Tokyo Stock Exchange:
4813), a global provider of mobile content delivery and Internet access
software. PalmSource is now a wholly owned subsidiary of ACCESS and is no
longer a separate, publicly traded company.

ACCESS has a global workforce in excess of 1200 employees, is financially
sound with a market capitalization of over $3.5 billion, and is best known
for its NetFrontR mobile browser that is commercially deployed on over 210
million phones and consumer electronic devices, including the PalmR TreoT
650. Going forward, ACCESS remains fully committed to supporting developers
on the Palm OS Garnet platform, and the Developer Programs team will
continue to provide developer support for Palm OS Garnet throughout its
lifecycle. In addition, at the recent 3GSM wireless show in Barcelona,
PalmSource announced its new, next-generation operating system--ACCESS Linux
Platform (ALP). Some details on ALP:

. The ACCESS Linux Platform is based on a standard kernel version 2.6.12

(and above) and is designed to be kernel agnostic.

. It includes major open source components like:

o GTK+, an open source, multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user

interfaces

o GStreamer, an open source, multi-threaded streaming media framework

o SQLite, an open source small, high-performance SQL database engine

. ALP will include GHost, a Palm OS Garnet emulator similar to PACE (Palm

Application Compatibility Engine) that will allow a large number of existing
Palm OS applications to "just run" with no modifications.

We will be rolling out more detailed technical and business information on
the ALP platform to our developer community throughout 2006 (i.e.,
availability of tools, SDK and documentation). To make sure you enjoy
continued access to upcoming information on ALP, we are very interested in
keeping your registration information current and up-to-date. To ensure that
your record is accurate, please click here: (Verifying your info should only
take 5 minutes.)

*****************************************************< I removed stuff here>

Thank you.

PalmSource Developer Program Marketing Team

Email sent by Campaign Manager set up by Lance Spaulding

    THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!  I AM EXCITED, I MAY TRADE IN MY m$ FOR THE NEW AND
IMPROVED!
Michael Holmes
708 West 46th ST. South
Wichita, Ks 67217